Working with caulk makes some homeowners oddly nervous. They feel like it is an exact science, and that the slightest mistake can result in a complete disaster. While it won’t be quite that bad, it will leave you with a lumpy end result. This can be an eyesore, to be sure.
In order to avoid that scenario, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Applying Caulk in the Bathroom is Easy
There are several small things you can keep in mind, when it comes to how to apply caulk in the bathroom:
- Preparing your tip: One of the best ways to apply a fantastic bead is to start things off on the right foot. This is where preparing the best possible tip is going to prove to be quite useful. Make sure you are using the sharpest knife you have to cut the tip. You can make things even better by finishing your tip with sandpaper.
- Make sure your caulking speed measures up to the size of your bead. This means striking an ideal version of balance on the pressure you’ve put to the handle, and how fast you are going.
- Smooth the caulk with your finger: At the end of the day, you may have to take up an alternative means of measuring out your desired conclusion. Smoothing out your caulk not only makes the bead look better, but it also makes sure you have good adhesion going.
- Choosing your caulking gun: There is some debate on this subject, if you go to the experts. Some say that it is always best to go with the most expensive options on the market. Others will claim that you can get by just fine on one of the cheaper options. The truth of the matter is that you plan to caulk a lot, you’re probably going to want to just go ahead and pick the more expensive product. However, if this is a one-time sort of project, the cheap models will serve your purposes just fine.
- Making tape: When it comes to having the perfect caulk points, you’re going to find that setting up masking tape is pretty essential.
Keeping all of these tips in mind will make your next caulking project a wildly successful one. The thing to remember is to move at your own speed. In figuring out what that is, you should be able to seamlessly add all of the above tips into your routine.